Sunday, April 3, 2011

Male Nude #1




This is my first male nude. There is a lot going on behind the scenes of this image. I was tense for a few reasons, one it was my first time shooting a nude and the other I was new to using strobe lighting. I was working in a panic. This image was a big success for me at school and let the faculty know that I was serious about my photography. It later caused controversy because it was put up in the school’s gallery for a student show then removed for being offensive. It brought me a lot of attention. I’m the first student at LBCC to have their art work be removed from the gallery. A quick story about the model he was afraid his penis was going to photograph small, he kept playing with it and this is an in-between shot from the posed captures. I thought this image capture him the most honestly with his insecurities and male beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment