Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Marley




This is Marley one of my current subjects. He has a skin disease and all those little bumps are pimples or black heads. He says working with me is helping him come out from hiding. I have been exploring the secrecy of mask we wear as individuals. Taking classes at the college I was extremely guarded and afraid to share private information about my life. I thought my past would victimize me and I would be judged unfairly. Alanis Morissette said this and has sung about it. I always thought wow she must be around really cool people because there is no way I can be like this in a public setting. But I realize I was just making excuses. Photography has lent me more confidence to be transparent and be more open, there is a lot of energy spent in hiding and I’m working with imagery that explore those feelings and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment